Apron with owl pattern by Lapuan Kankurit
The aprons of Lapuan Kankurit are made in their own weaving mill in Lapua, Finland. Meanwhile, the fourth generation of the family is already at the helm! Lapuan Kankurit works with natural materials such as natural linen, organic cotton and tencel fibres (from Eucalyptus trees). They work according to labels such as Masters of Linen, FSC and Ökotex.
For this practical apron 60% natural linen is used and 40% organic cotton. The size of the apron is 80 x 90 cm. You tie it around your waist with the soft straps.
- washing at 40°C is sufficient
- avoid bleach (also fabric softener is not needed)
- do not tumble dry
- linen dries very quickly. Ironing is easy when the fabric is still a little damp.
- the colour of natural linen becomes lighter the more often you wash it
- shrinkage of approximately 5% may occur
Finnish designer Teemu Järvi
Teemu Järvi has been working with Lapuan Kankurit since 2017. Teemu is an artist/designer specialising in Finnish wilderness images. Teemu works with traditional drawing material. For example, this owl is drawn with a reed pen. Nice to see how the natural way of designing coincides with the material of Lapuan Kankurit ♥.